A new design for CORE
If you are following us, you might be wondering what will CORE may look like. At this moment we are testing the sensor and further improving the algorithm using our current prototype. It is an electronic circuit board with the sensor embedded, placed into a custom design case attached to a standard heart-rate strap. That is enough for the alpha testers to wear it during workouts.
However, this prototype is not the final design. To make it more usable we still need to improve the design for CORE, making it easy to use, nice-looking and comfortable to wear. We are already working on this and we would like to share with all of our readers the latest achievements.
We are working with Eric Dill, an industrial designer in Switzerland. We are leveraging his years of experience and creative approach to help find the best solution for our product. The design for CORE needs to meet the following requirements:
- It has to be easily attached to a chest strap. Furthermore, the design should prevent the device from falling from the strap.
- Ideally, the device should stay always in the same place in the body. That means that it doesn’t slide through the strap, making it uncomfortable while working out.
- At the same time, it should be as lightweight and comfortable as possible. We don’t want our users to wear something that will be a burden when cycling or running. User experience is paramount to us!
- The device should allow to embed the sensors and circuit elements, as well as provide an interface to charge the device when needed.
- Finally, the final design should be efficient in terms of fabrication.
In the end, we will have a wearable device that is unique. We can already share some images of the initial designs: a thin-shaped small box, with a strong clip for the strap. To prevent the device from moving, there will be some rough surfaces that will prevent it from sliding. This box will be placed in the apical area of the body and will have a small plug to charge the sensor.
What do you think about our first design for CORE? Do you like it? If you have any suggestions to improve it, please send us an email or leave a comment behind.