Guide: Connecting the CORE sensor to Garmin watches and bike computers
For Garmin devices there is is a CORE connectIQ Data Field as well as a CORE ConnectIQ Widget. These can be downloaded, installed, synchronised and updated using the Garmin ConnectIQ Smartphone App.
The CORE ConnectIQ Data Field for Garmin cycle computers and many watches allows you to view live core body temperature data in a data field and also record this data from an activity directly to your FIT file.
The CORE ConnectIQ Widget is a watch face to display live core body temperature metrics on many of the Garmin watches.
CORE Data Field Setup in overview
- Ensure you have followed the CORE Fast Start guide for Sports and already paired your Heart Rate Monitor to your CORE.
- Use the Garmin ConnectIQ Smartphone App to download and install the CORE ConnectIQ App from Garmin (data field).
- After installation, your core body temperature data will automatically be recorded to the FIT file.
TIP: In the settings for the CORE Connect-IQ app - ensure the checkbox for backwards compatible FIT file is checked.
IMPORTANT - to ensure that the core body temperature data records to the FIT file, it is necessary to setup a data field that displays the live core body temperature onscreen during activities.
(This data field does not have to be on the main screen, so can be on the second screen or another screen - however is necessary for Garmin to recognise that this data is to be recorded).
More details on setup to view and record data here
Step by Step Guide (video)
After setup, you will now be able to automatically track your core body temperature during your activities. On Garmin, your FIT files are usually synchronised with the Garmin Connect App or can be manually accessed via USB.
If you have a Vivoactive 3 for example, this video will show you how to start and record an activity.
Please be aware, on Garmin devices the procedure for starting an activity may differ, please refer to your Garmin product manual or the Garmin Support page.
If you are using multiple COREs
Insert the unique ANT ID of the specific CORE you want to connect with. You can find your CORE's ANT ID in the phone app by navigating to settings > about.
CORE data field:
Insert the ANT ID in the settings of the field in the connectIQ app and then sync your garmin device to your smartphone. On some Garmin devices (Edge) there the ANTid can be set with on screen menus when adding the CORE field to an activity.
Insert the ANT ID directly in the settings of the widget.
The widget's settings can be accessed by pressing the menu button for 1s, as shown at minute 1:40 in this video:
- When pairing and using CORE, it should be kept fairly close to your Garmin
- If you don't spot CORE, it helps to shake CORE, as this will ensure your CORE is turned on and transmitting correctly' indicated by the green flashing LED.
- Keep your CORE firmware up-to-date! The Android and iOS Apps will automatically prompt you to update and gives you the benefit of continuing improvements.
- If nothing else works, a magnet reset of the CORE device can help. (swipe a magnet over lower section on the SKIN side of your CORE until the LED flashes). For more detailed information on resetting your CORE follow these steps.