What is CORE?
The innovative sensor technology is integrated into the compact and waterproof unit that can be comfortably worn during sports activities, at work, or all day long.
- Compact Size: 40 mm width x 50 mm height x 8.35 mm depth
- Weight: 12 grams
- Provides medical-grade accuracy (based on ISO_80601-2-56, Mean Absolute Deviation of 0.21 °C)
- Non-invasive (worn on the chest)
- Not impacted by environment thermal influences
- Battery life: 6 days continuous transmission time (up to 6 weeks with sleep mode)
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (USB charging cable supplied)
- Waterproof up to 1.5m (IPX7)
- Bluetooth BLE & ANT+ Connectivity
- Connects with: CORE iOS and Android App, WatchOS, Wear OS, Garmin ConnectIQ watches and bike computers, Wahoo bike computers, COROS watches, SUUNTO watches and more...
Inside the box:
- CORE sensor
- USB magnetic charging cable
- 6 medical-grade adhesive patches
- Clips to secure the sensor
- Guide to setup CORE iOS / Android App
Wearing the CORE sensor
The CORE sensor is typically worn on the side of the chest in a consistent position.
For sports, the CORE sensor should be paired to a heart rate monitor for the best results during sports activities. It can be fastened to the heart rate monitor strap (or a sports bra) and secured with the provided clips.
For everyday activity, the medical-grade adhesive patches can be used. The disposable 'sticky patches' can be re-ordered as needed.
Data and Connectivity
CORE has an accompanying Smart Phone App for iOS and Android. With data synchronization, the real-time and historical core body temperature data and performance metrics can be viewed and saved to the CORE cloud (no additional fee).
Popular Smart Watches including Garmin Connect-IQ, AppleWatch, some wearOS watches, COROS and Suunto watches have apps and integration for the CORE sensor. CORE connects to Garmin Connect-IQ and Wahoo bike computers. Many sports devices save the core body temperature data into the FIT file.
The sensor is compatible with popular third-party sports training software and the integration with devices and software continues to grow. This is a list of CORE sensor compatibility.
Video: core body temperature monitoring in overview
Information on CORE for medical use
CORE is not medCE or FDA certified and must not be used for medical nor diagnostic purposes. The CORE sensor can be sold as a clinical thermometer for use in the United States, further details are available here.