Guide: keeping your CORE sensor up to date
The CORE app will usually guide you to update the firmware when a new version is released. In the case that you decide to skip this, you can then update at a later timepoint by following these steps:
- Connect to CORE Device
- Click on the Settings icon
- Click on the update icon (near “update firmware”)
- Click “Start Update”
- Wait a few minutes
- When done, shake CORE again to restart broadcasting.
Tip: Remember to shake CORE again after the update.
TROUBLESHOOTING - SERVER CONNECTION
"Checking..." status message is not updating
- Try disconnecting by exiting the device view and reconnecting to your CORE.
If the problem persists your CORE is having a hard time connecting to our server.
One of the following should solve the issue:
- Try connecting to another WiFi (a firewall might be preventing the connection)
- Try using Mobile Data (download size is a few Mb)
- Check your phone's settings and make sure you are not blocking access to websites from there.
TROUBLESHOOTING - INCOMPLETE UPDATE
During the update:
- Make sure your phone's screen does not black out
- iOS: Settings > Display and Brightness > Auto-Lock > "highest value"
- Android: Settings > Display > Sleep > "highest value"
- Connect your CORE to charger
If the upgrade still fails midway:
- Downgrade the firmware back to an earlier version (for example 0.33)
Upgrade again to the newest version as you had tried before (hopefully this time without interruption).
Make sure there is nothing in the way of your CORE and phone (best distance: approx. 1m) and that you are running the most recent app version.
To downgrade to 0.33 firmware, follow the steps below:
We continuing making improvements including accuracy, connectivity and bug fixes. Follow the link to see the CORE firmware changelog.