For the best accuracy, the CORE sensor should be worn on your chest / torso. The exact position (towards the font or back) is down to your personal preference, though it is recommended to keep the same position each time you wear it.
Chest Strap / Heart Rate Monitor StrapThe CORE sensor was designed to clip onto the chest strap and this is a convenient and comfortable way to use the CORE sensor for sporting activity.
1. Slide CORE sensor onto the chest strap - avoid bending the plastic on the CORE, instead, adjust the chest strap and slide it into place.
2. Make sure logo is facing outward. The back of the CORE needs to be directly in contact with the skin.
3. Use one of the black clips that are provide so that it is securely fastened.
Sports Bra / BraThe CORE sensor can be clipped to a sports bra or bra. It can be clipped to the top (as shown below) or up-side-down. It is recommended to use the black clips to securely fasten it.
Adhesive Medical-Grade PatchThe adhesive foam patches are medical grade and anti-allergenic. Technically they are specified for use for 1 day, in practice will provide a secure fit for longer. The patches are convenient for everyday 24/7 use, particularly when a heart rate monitor is not used / paired.
The preferred mounting position is on the side of the torso (apical) below the armpit, directly on the rib cage between pectoral muscle and latissimus muscle.
Applying the adhesive patch
1. Remove the internal foam section
2. Place the CORE sensor precisely on the adhesive.
4. On the reverse side, peel off the liner
4. Place the patch with CORE sensor onto the skin.
The adhesive patches are designed to be single-use and should be disposed after use.
These are not recommended for sport activity as they may detach. The complete patch with CORE sensor can be temporarily removed from the skin while showering and repositioned (on the dry skin). These patches can last up to 2 or 3 days.
It is comfortable and convenient to wear CORE with an arm strap, please take note that the accuracy can be lower than when CORE is positioned on the chest.
1. Insert one strap end onto CORE with the velcro side facing outside.
2. Fold strap onto itself to secure the velcro.
3. Repeat with the other side.
4. Adjust length as needed
CORE Sensor MaintenanceClean CORE after every use, it can be rinsed with water and mild detergent.
The housing is resistant to mild disinfectants such as rubbing alcohol (70-75% isopropanol or ethanol) while can be used for removing tenacious dirt and disinfection. Do not use acetone or 100% alcohol as these solvents can damage and degrade the CORE sensor.
Store CORE in a dry and cool place when not in use. Elevated temperatures will shorten battery life! Regularly recharge battery (at least every 2 months) to extend battery capacity.