Inside the CORE Sensor Box
- CORE sensor
- USB magnetic charging cable
- 6 medical-grade adhesive patches
- Clips to secure the sensor
- Guide to setup CORE iOS / Android App
CORE Sensor Specifications
- Size: 40 mm width x 50 mm height x 8.35 mm depth
- Weight: 12 grams
- Medical-grade accuracy (based on ISO_80601-2-56, Mean Absolute Deviation of 0.21 °C)
- Non-invasive (worn on the chest)
- Not impacted by environment thermal influences
- Battery life: 6 days continuous transmission time (up to 4 weeks with sleep mode)
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (USB charging cable supplied)
- Waterproof up to 1.5m (IPX7)
- Bluetooth BLE & ANT+ Connectivity
Rechargeable Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (0,2Wh, 3.7V 55mAh)
Details on CORE sensor charging and battery level indication.
Battery Safety Instructions
The following precautions are necessary to ensure safety when using and storing the CORE sensor:
- replacement of a battery with an incorrect type that can defeat a safeguard (for example, in the case of some lithium battery types);
- disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery, that can result in an explosion;
- leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment that can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas; and
- a battery subjected to extremely low air pressure that may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
CORE Sensor Service Life
The CORE sensor is designed to withstand 10,000 hours of normal use. (10,950 hrs = 3 years @ 365 days x 10 hrs)
For the best performance, store the CORE sensor in a cool location and try not to leave it without charge for extended periods of time.
It is recommended to charge once per week. The standby mode will allow the CORE sensor to rest for three weeks before charging is recommended.
CORE Sensor Lifetime Testing Procedure
Following test conditions were defined by the customer:
Temperature: 60 °C
- Humidity: 90% RH
- Test Duration: 340 hours / 14 days + 4 hours
- Device stays in operating state (ON) throughout the test
- Device must be recharged at T<40°C every 5 days (or less)
Device was put in “logging mode” throughout the test. “CL 1” was paired with a HR monitor to induce periodic ANT scan (increased power consumption)
Test was interrupted at day 4, day 9 and day 12 to recharge the devices and download logging data.
Length of data log was limited to 3.5 days due to the size of the internal storage of the DUT (Device Under Test). DUT integrity was verified periodically by connecting to the DUT via CORE app and noting the battery voltage value.
- Climatic Test System Vötsch 4006
- Temperature deviation in time: +/- 1K
- Temperature deviation in space: +/- 2K
- Humidity deviation in time: +/- 5% RH max
DUTs were put in the main chamber of the climatic test system together with a Sensirion SHT21 combined thermometer / hygrometer (precision +/- 0.3°C and +/- 2% RH) to supervise and validate set temperature and humidity.
Data and documentation is available on request.
CORE Sensor Manufacturing Information
The thermal energy transfer sensors inside every CORE sensor are manufactured on-location by our parent company greenTEG in Zurich, Switzerland.
The CORE housing (medical grade plastic) and circuitry is manufactured and assembled by our production partner company in the European Union and Asia.